Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sleep Texting and other Funny Texting

a few days ago i was scrolling through my "sent texts" and came across one i did not recognize. it was addressed to a woman i have never texted before. a mom of one of the little boys i babysit from the preschool i work at. the mom who just a few days earlier had called to see if i could sit for her sons but because i was lazy and waited til the next day to call back, had already found someone else. so the mom who i now feel a little weird about because i feel guilty  and stupid for being my lame-self sometimes. i should just call people back for the 27 seconds it often takes. anyways...you get the point. i don't text her. i have never texted her! and this is what i send her at 2:51 AM. yes. 2:51 in the morning. she must think great thinks of me now. like that she's never going to ask me to babysit again because 1) i don't call her back and 2) i obviously get "drunk" and randomly text the moms of my kids at school.


only i was in no way drunk. just TOTALLY asleep.
here's the text exactly-

I hops u dirnt listrn to me cuz I fell asleep n woke ip at aljost 3! in dry land. Im sry bout that. Be safe n srr ya later

love that i added the exclamation point!
and don't ask me what the "in dry land" part is about cause i have no idea.

guess all i can do is hope and pray she doesn't get texts, right?
this is definitely the first time i have ever done this. or at least i think. kinda scary to think what i could potentially be texting to people...and random people in my phone! that i possibly never even talk to.
what's so funny to me is that texting on my touch screen phone is actually kind of tricky and requires a lot of steps so i don't know how i managed this. but now that i think of it i vaguellyyy remember randomly squinting and looking at my phone but maybe that's me making that up. but i would definitely be squinting if i were texting in my pitch dark room at 3 in the morning because my phone lights up BRIGHT!



as for a text that definitely made me laugh, it's one from my brother John.
i'm sure he'd be embarrassed if he saw me writing this on here but it's in no way a determinant of his smarts, cause he's definitely got a lot of those. but in other areas besides spelling.
he calls me a few days ago while i'm at work so i text him back i can't answer and the whole "what's up? is everything ok?" and he responds with:

wat is proper spelling for ockword.

i laugh and send him the correct spelling back. how funny, right? i mean he's got a point though- the way he spelled it definitely sounds like you say it. 
i later asked him what the deal with the text was- asked him if he was sending a text to some girl and before sending it wanted to spell correctly so he didn't look like a dummy.

his response was "got me kid. lol alot"
i'm too good! too too good!

but hey! i would have done the same.

1 comment:

  1. V! I didn't know that you had a blog. I also use blogspot. I'll have to start following, dear.

    Also, I have never sent a sleep text but it's like your brain knew you were sleeping! How strange haha

    ReplyDelete