Monday, April 19, 2010

Thankfulness

I lack Thankfulness.
and for no darn good reason.
no reason at all.

so i figure...why not think about something every day that i can be thankful for?

likeeeeeee....
a long weekend, for starters.
a nice and long walk with a roomie and friend today.
a hilarious movie that makes me crack up, like Hitch!
smiling at a 2nd grader Julia [that i get to kind of nanny on Monday nights] through the glass window of her gymnastics practice. and seeing her looking at me through the window to see if i'm watch her and getting a smile back.
kissing a lil cutie pie Josh (Julia's brother) as i leave their home today and watching him eat his munchkins while getting sugah all over him.
thinking about a summer spent in Amherst and all the possibilities it holds. and all the beauty.
seeing a couple walk their great dane down the street and thinking about my Mr. Scooby. although it makes me miss him. and my Lightning.
being able to put on the Nanny in the background each night before i go to bed.

and it's things like this that i should be stopping each day and appreciating.
i should be stopping every night and thanking.
Thanking God.
it's so simple! i pray for a thankful heart. a thankful and glad heart to appreciate the teensiest of things throughout my day that i can be thankful for or smile about.

if i do as i hope and actually do it...i will stop here each day to journal my thankfulness.

goodnight.
V

No comments:

Post a Comment