Wednesday, January 27, 2010

So Long, Facebook.

You have been deactivated.


But i am concerned with how strong the temptation will be to reactivate you, considering all it takes is a simple login with my email and password and I'm back to the same ol thing.

But I'm saying goodbye to you for now.
You no longer serve me like you used to.
I used to login and connect with people.
I used to have fun looking at pictures and leaving goofy wall comments.
I used to sign out feeling a little bit better aboutt my day, having connected with people i care about.

But now, all i do is get depressed when i login.
I tend to just go from person to person, comparing my life to theirs.
I tend to not appreciate my life and the things i have, being too focused on what others seem to have.
And it is just not beneficial to my soul. to my spirit. to my joy. to my relationship with Christ.

So I'm done. at least for a while. i pray for a while, at least.
I really needed to do this.
For me, but more importantly, for God.

There are so many other things I can be doing with my time. One, spending time with him.

It just stinks that i have taken it this far cause facebook is a pretty good thing.
i wish i could go on normally, and connect with others, but right now, i just can't.

so please, please, please...don't tempt me.

Now off to write a paper, eat more Cape Cod Salt n Vinegar chips, and dinner at Becca's.

Truly,
V

1 comment:

  1. I love you so much more and more each day. You are such a loving and special person. I hope you find peace with this all power to you. Guess who

    ReplyDelete