Thursday, October 7, 2010

Banana Bread

i'm not sure there's anything that beats the smell of banana bread baking in the oven!
seriously.

Jenn had a loaf baking in the oven and with my bedroom door open it was the greatest whiff coming straight into my nostrils ;)

thank you Jenn!

now i'm off to taste a bite.
really hoping the Sour Cream that you added to the mix tonight
(having a sell by date of September 26 and having been open for weeeeeks now)
really isn't all that bad. because i'm really wanting to eat some bread.
w/o getting sick.



this is when i really wish foods could talk to us...
like yell to us when we open the container "Hey Jenn, i'm weeks old! throw me out! right now. hurry. don't even think about it."

or

say a little something like "Hey Virginia, i know you think i'm old because i have been sitting in the fridge for 3 days now but trust me...take a whiff and see...you can eat me. i'm not bad yet. i'll tell ya when."

my life would be so much easier.
i wouldn't have to call my dad to ask him how long it takes for salami to go bad.
(according to him, never)
and i wouldn't have to always be asking my roomies to be taking whiffs of things for me.

2 comments:

  1. hahah V your dad is basically right! Salami is so processed it will take AGES to go bad (and AGES is way more than a week, I promise!!)

    Loved reading this post, it made me laugh thinking about us talking about it in your lovely kitchen the other day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've always been a lil skeptical about the whole salami thing but i guess i should believe you 2...

    and funny you comment now because i think i wrote this before we had that conversation in my kitchen so i was thinking about my previous blog post while we were chatting! it's obviously something i think/worry about a lot haha. but you know this :) because you first had to deal with it!

    ReplyDelete