Saturday, July 24, 2010

week in Revere - Graduation Day [part 2]

this is one last photo of a bunch of us all swimming in my pool before we took the rest of my party to John's boat.
this picture makes me glad because it reminds me of growing up and so many days of the summer spent in my pool.
i was recently looking at old photos the last time i was home and came across a picture just like this one but only it was from when i was probably in middle school.
i remember Disha and Nicole Healy being in the picture. and John with his long lost friends, Josh and another who i cannot even remember his name! that's how old this pic is!
and now.
now, the picture is so recent.
with old people [my mom and John]
some new people [Samm]
and some people who have been around for a while, but not since middle school [Ngozi and Natalia]
and this time i'm 22 (not 12) swimming with family and friends.
too funny.


soon after this picture was taken we got out of the pool and decided to move our little party to PP Yacht Club.
[this is my brother's other home. he spends almost all of his days in Winthrop and many of his nights hanging down the yacht club and plenty of nights even sleeping on his boat.]

so me, John, Kait, Jenn and Samm headed over to Winthrop.
John decided to give us a lil tour of the town.
i just love this place. it's so close to home and just reminds me of the summer and boating.
it's actually the first place i can remember my dad keeping his boat [Crystal Cove Marina] and i love going down to hang with John on his very own boat.
he is too much like my father i can't even describe it.

So off we went- onto the dingy. all 5 of us.


here is a shot of me and Samm.
and behind us is the place i joke about living next year.
though it will never happen unless i become a millionaire in the next 12 months.
we'll see.
if that's the case, i can even get myself a boat while i'm at it.

here we are on the back of John's boat.

this is me and Kait right before we jumped off the top of John's boat into the ocean.
holding hands.
i've always wanted to do something like this! it wasn't a real high jump but a great place to start.
with a great friend.
(i seem to experience a lot of firsts with her- flying on an airplane for the first time ever and now jumping off something into the water)
it was a lot of fun and turned out to be not as scary as i was expecting.
i didn't stay under water for the whole minute i was expecting to.
don't ask me what i was thinking!

the water was so refreshing and salty.
sigh. i really love the ocean.
i'll have to show the video Jenn captured on another post because once me and Kait landed and were above the water- John decided to be a wise ash and zoom over on his jet ski, causing a wave to come crashing toward us. it was great though.
and then i couldn't make my way back up on the dingy because i am a total weakling.
so Jenn and Kait had to pull me up.
too funny.
this is my roomie Jenn. she is great and i love her.she picked it right up.

and so didn't Samm. but i don't have pics of it!
just look at how pretty she looks here though.
Samm may have picked it up the fastest actually.
and then Kait gave it a shot and she picked it up great too.

i'm the only weakling who still has a hard time just pulling myself up enough to kneel on the darn thing!

and here we are just all having a lovely evening.
it was such a blast.
everyone had so much fun trying the jet ski.
they even say it's a little addicting.


and here's to my main-man:
my big brother John.
[or Johnny Pipes as they like to call him down the boat.]



thank you for a night on the water.
thank you for taking me and my friends out on your boat.
thanks for trusting us enough to give a shot at your pride and joy.
thanks for inviting me down the yacht club even though i'm your "little sista."
thanks for pointing at all the old men and telling them not to mess with me.
thanks for being you.
love you.


and that put an end to my graduation party.
actually, that's a lie.
after jet skiing, we went down to Revere Beach to watch some fireworks.
(how perfect could the day have been? perfect weather? fun people? boating? and then fireworks to top it off?!?)
and then back to spend some quality time with just Ngozi and Kait (everyone else from the party left) on the patio sippin on white zinfandel and margaritas.
with the view of Boston in front of us.
and the ocean breeze.
we even got a round of free drinks from my bro's friend Matt.


and that put an end to a wonderful graduation party.

No comments:

Post a Comment