Thursday, April 22, 2010

Taste of UMASS

Tonight i walked some of the bike trail with Chels.
and GOOD thing we did, cause then we went to the stinkin
Taste of Umass.
which means eat, eat, eat and eat!
i'm not sure if i'm in denial or not
but leaving there, although i was full, i didn't feel like i over ate.
i did have a taste of a lot of things,
but everything was in such small sizes!
i don't know...maybe i'm fooling myself!

Anyways, it's little moments like the taste of Umass...
where i'm in the Mullin Center surrounded by thousands of college students
that i'm reminded my time in college is nearing the end.
4 years, done! {DONE}
simply over.
it's hard to grasp, actually, and i don't think it's even hit me yet.
i just get reminded here and there that college will soon be over.
like when i'm in Berkshire eating and am reminded of all my days as a freshman in that dc.
scared to walk in alone. hundreds of people i don't know.
eating by myself. eating with friends.
eating too many cups of ice cream each day.
definitely putting on the freshman 15!

tonight was just another one of those reminders as i stood in the Mullin Center.
it reminded me of all the fun hockey games i've attended.
such good moments.


so that will be the one thing i am thankful for today.

my college experience at UMASS.
from freshman year to now.

it's funny to think that i ever even ended up here.
and funny to think that it has led me to at least one more year spent in Amherst.

Tonight I'm thankful for Umass.
for Navs.
for Amherst.
for Mercy House.
for friends that were older than me my freshman year and took me in and loved me.
for friends that were my year and have journeyed with me since year one.
for Greenough and its big rooms and wide hallways.
for discipleship.
for guest swipes [thank you Mary, Chels, Kiki]
for Berkshire.
for hockey games.

for my college experience.

1 comment: