Thursday, April 1, 2010

April

So, i have neglected this thing for a long while now.
and probably will continue to do the same tomorrow.
i just can't seem to write about what's been going on lately.
maybe cause it would take too long.
cause there's already so many things that have happened that i have not written about.
like spring break.
so if i ever feel excited to write a whole lot i will bring back talk about Georgia and ATL.


but, for now.
I'd like to make notice that it is April.


APRIL.

April!
and I'm glad.

Glad for spring.
Glad for warm weather and the sun.
Glad for excitement for summer.
and Glad for my birthday.

which is in 4 days now!
i know this because well, there are only a few days left so it's an easy number to come up with.
but also, because Samm surprised me with 3 presents in my room last night.
probably out of the goodness of her heart.
but mostly to torture me because this exact thing would torture me!
and she labeled them "4, 3 and 2" days left til my birthday and i will open one on each day.

but this is so exciting to me because she is go good with birthdays.
she really puts a lot of thought into them and does these kinds of things with her friends from home all the time.
but also, i just love this because it is like those candy boxes of chocolate you get before Christmas where you open one a day and i always wanted one of those.
and finally last year Mary so graciously gave me hers and i just loved it!
besides the fact that i did the numbers in the opposite way or something.
but anyways, back to my gifts.
i'm just so darn excited because it makes my bday so much more exciting when there is a countdown.
and next week i want to somehow have a week long celebration.
nothing big on each day, but something little.

like...a movie night one night.
going out for ice cream another night.
having margaritas (strawberry mango) another night.
going to my fav restaurant Chilis another night.
and other lil things i can't think of right now simply because this is the first time i have given it any thought other than saying "i want to have a week long celebration."

So, April is here.

this means...

My birthday in 4 days.

which means...

Exciting times/moments to look forward to.

And I'm hoping spring will come our way this week and last until Summer.

come on weather! stop raining. and sun, start shining...will ya?


i'll close with my Barney song that i used to sing and dance to all the time when i was a kid:


Oh Mr. Sun,
Sun
Mr. Golden Sun.

PLEASE Shine down on me!

Oh Mr. Sun,
Sun
Mr. Golden Sun.

Hiding behind those trees.

These little children are asking
YOU
To please come out so we can play with you.


Oh Mr. Sun,
Sun
Mr. Golden Sun.

Please shine down on...
Please shine down on...
Please shine down on...
MEEEEEEEE

well us, here in New England...specifically Amherst, Ma.




No comments:

Post a Comment