Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas & My Kind of Humor

An angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. "Jopseph, son of David," the angel said, "do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife. For the child within her was conceived by the Holy Spirit. And she will have a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins."
Matthew 1:20-21
------------------------

Yesterday morning {Christmas morning} i was reminded of where in the world i get my humor from and why i love it so much. it most definitely runs in my family.

example 1:

After opening presents and while my brother was putting some things away in his room, first he asks me if i need a first aid kit for my house in Amherst (he must get this from my father.) Apparently everytime he goes over to one of his friend's house, the kid's dad always gives him a kit. So i tell him no, that we have a lot of stuff at our house, and then he hands me a pair of safety goggles. He tells me to put them on and go walking around the house til mom or dad notices. So I put them on and go walking into the kitchen, John following behind me, and my mom notices but my dad is looking straight at my face and then looking to the others because he knew something was up but couldn't quite put his finger on it. boy is he oblivious haha

I did it because 1) it's funny. and 2) because it's something i'd do w/o his prompting anyways.

example: Just this month while helping Kait with her thesis one night, me, jenn and Kait went down to the wood shop. While they were out of the shop for a minute or not paying attention, i see a pair of safety goggles, put them on, and go on my regular business until one of them bursts into laughter. and then i burst into laughter. my kind of humor.

example 2:

One of my favorite gifts that i received this year for Christmas was from my brother. He got me a sweet life jacket for one of our favorite summer activities-- jet skiing. He said something like "I got you a bunch of things so you'll know we want you around for the summer. Even though we don't really." Him being his sweet self but not being able to do it w/o being sarcastic and jerkish. but i know he means it cuz of the smirk he wears when he says it. i really do love him.

But anyways, he says to me a little later "you know what you should do when you get home to Amherst?"


And i say, [my mind already right where his is]
"What? Randomly blow the horn in the house?" -- he also got me a blow horn in case of an emergency on my kayak haha, a whistle, and an awesome yellow water proof/floating box to store your phone or keys in- incase they ever fall in while on the water.


So he says, [laughing] "oh, well that too. But put the life jacket on over your bathing suit and just walk into the living room one day."

Perfect idea John! thank you very much. This is something I definitely would have thought of on my own if he hadn't said it first.
And then i began to tell him about the time i walked downstairs with just a pair of nude colored underwear, a nude colored strapless bra and my APRON. hilarious.

so you see where i get my humor from? apparently it runs in the family :) and i love it.




it's the best kind of humor. so unexpected.
and i'm so glad that my roomies have caught on with me and my humor and that we all love it.
we are constantly doing something like this in our house just to make the other bust into laughter.
i love the laughter in our home.
-----------------------
Thank you Jesus for coming to this world to be born - to create new and beautiful things from our ridiculous messes.
Thank you for coming so that you could save us from our sins each and every day.
Thank you for life, for forgiveness, for family and love, for friends, for big dogs, and for humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment