Monday, January 11, 2010

Hello Better Thoughts

In an attempt to spend less time on facebook and more time on just about anything else...(beneficial to my soul)...I am going to try and blog?
Pretty crazy idea because any one reading this will soon see that I can barely speak proper English,
I cannot write, and I am not the greatest speller. yikes. I don't know what I am thinking!

Just kidding- (for all of you Judy Grimes fans)

I do know what I am thinking. I'm thinking that I spend wwaayy too much time on facebook. And this time usually leaves me feeling down in the dumps and depressed about my life because all I do is compare. And this is a problem for me. A HUGE problem, and for many reasons. One being that I spend too much time focusing on the lives of others and less time actually living my own. I tend to just mope in what I do not have. I mope in how "lame" my life is all because I still have homework every night and... biggest of all- I am not married. so terrible, huh? In actuality, I know this is not true. But this is how I feel too often and I am sick of it/determined to change this way of thinking.

Instead of continuing focusing on what everyone else has and that I do not have, I am going to try and use this blog as a tool to help me focus on the things going on in my own life: The things I do have. The things that happen in my day to day that make me smile or make me think. The fun times I have with others or the things that make me laugh. The little/big things that make me thankful- Thankful for what it is in general, and simply thankful for life.

Why? Because...

I need to be more thankful.
I need to appreciate life as it is.
I need to care.
I need to embrace each day.
I need to enjoy the moments I have.
I need to be present.
I need to start living.


and

I hope to smile and laugh more often.
I hope to make others smile and laugh more often.
I hope to encourage others.
I hope to listen.
I hope to pray. Pray with out ceasing.
I hope to serve.

But why in the world has this become so stinkin' hard for me?


Not sure. But with a lil' change of thinking and a change of focus, I believe I can, and will- enjoy.




Side note- all those "
I's" aren't doing me any good.
As I was writing, I was thinking: Oh goodness! that is another problem you got going on Virginia. Stop focusing on yourself.
Life is not about me, me, me, me, and me. I must remember this.

Now I am off. I could write forever. but I am going to end with one stupid thing I am thankful for each night-

The Nanny.

I am thankful that every night (until they decide to air a different show, at which point I will be extremely sad, just like I was once they stopped airing Roseanne and Home Improvement) at 11pm, I can turn on Nick at Night and know that the Nanny will be on. I can lay in bed, get sleepy, laugh at Fran's interactions with Mr. Sheffield, and fall asleep to the sounds of the show. I just love the show!

Truly,
Virginia


No comments:

Post a Comment